PProBCC converts Adobe Premiere CC 2017 project files to be compatible with Premiere CC 2015.2 and Speedgrade 2015.1.
With the help of this tool a Premiere Project saved with the version CC 2017 and newer can be opened in Speedgrade (version 2015.1) to be graded, saved and reopened again in the newer Premiere version 2017 (and up).
NOTE: This Package comes with both versions, Windows GUI version AND the commandline version.
INFO: Create an account when buying the converter tool enables you to download all upcoming updates of the tool for later Premiere CC versions!
Included files are:
PLATFORM: Windows (x86/x64) GUI/commandline Version
CURRENT VERSION: 1.5
– The tool reads the original Premiere Project file (.prproj) saved with the current version of Premiere CC, uncompresses it and replaces the version string to be compatible with Premiere version 2015.2 and Speedgrade version 2015.1.
– While keeping open the PrProBCC converter tool load the Project file in Speedgrade, do your grading, save the Project file as usual
– IMPORTANT: After the grading just convert it again in the PrProBCC converter back to the original file version format so it can be opened in Premiere 2017 without the notice of an older file format.
Adobe Premiere CC version compatible with the converter: 2015.3, 2015.4, 2017, 2017.1 and automatically newer versions
The most practical use for the command line version would be with Total Commander or Magellan Explorer or any other file manager capable of
using command line tools for batch conversation multiple files.
The converted version is bigger, because it is uincompressed. The converted project file can be loaded directly with Premiere 2015.2 or Speedgrade 2015.1.
Functions and settings that are only available in newer Premiere Version will be saved with the converted project file, but will be ignored most certainly in the older version of Premiere and Speedgrade.
So it is good advice to test the outcome of the conversion to be sure all features which are used in the projects are still showing up in the older Premiere/Speedgrade version.
This tool has been created with the AutoIt scipting language which creates compiled and executable scripts.
Keep in mind that several new functions like changes to the newer Lumetri Panel parameters and Proxy file settings are beeing left out after the conversion and are lost.
A new version of PrProBCC is in development to keep this newer Premiere Features after conversion, so subscribe to our Newsletter to get news about updates.
PROJECT FILE SECURITY BACKUP FUNCTION
If the same name is choosen for the input project-file and the output-project-file than a backup of the original project file will be created with the current date and time in the filename.
So nothing is lost before the project file is beeing converted to the same filename.
GUI VERSION USAGE
Extract the ZIP file anywhere you want. Start the PrProBCC_GUI.exe and choose a Premiere Project File to convert.
Create a login when you purchase the converter. You can download all updates for PrProBCC later!
There is no dedicated MacOS version, but the Windows .exe can be packed into a Mac .app via WineBottler so the tool works indirectly even on MacOS.
– First Release
– Cosmetic Changes
– Now shows version from currently loaded Project File.
– Project file backups are copied to folder “PrProBCC_Project-BAKs” which is located in the same folder as the original Project file.
– Compatible to v2017 project files
– automatically reloads project files changes when re-converting back and forth
– better foreign character handling
– better error handling
– now handles original versions automatically
– now supports conversion from CC 2015.4 to CC 2017.1 and later
Workflow, Infos & Background of PrProBCC
Read NTown’s background article about this tool, step by step workflow and discussion here: PrProBCC Project Compatibility Converter.